Honors & Achievements
Marc’s legal expertise has been recognized through his lectures, publications, and honors. Some of the nation’s top law firms have chosen Marc to associate on their Nevada cases.
- Chairman‑ Sports and Gaming Law Committee of the International Bar Association
- Chairman‑ Gaming Law Committee of the American Bar Association’s General Practice Division
- President‑Nevada Republican Men’s Club
- Vice‑President‑Nevada Republican Men’s Club
- Director‑Nevada Republican Men’s Club
- Director‑ Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 17
- Director‑ Nevada Easter Seals
- Director‑ Nevada Opera Theater
- Director‑ Las Vegas Sister Cities Association, Inc. Chairman of Selection Committee.
- Vice‑Chair‑ American Bar Association’s Torts and Insurance Committee of the Section of General Practice
- Vice‑Chair‑ Criminal Justice Committee of the Section of General Practice of the American Bar Association
- Chairman‑Transit Technical Study Committee of the Regional Transportation Commission of Clark County
- Board- University of Utah College of Law
- Member- Clark County Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Committee
- State Bar of Nevada
- State Bar of California
- International Forum of Travel and Tour Advocates
- International Bar Association
- Sports Lawyers of America
- American Bar Association
- Nevada Trial Lawyers Assoc.
- Clark County Bar Association
- International Bar Association, 1987, London, Tourism and Travel Law.
- International Bar Association, 1988, Los Angeles, Professionalism in the Olympics.
- Sports Lawyers Association, 1988, Los Angeles, Boxing Law and TAC (Athletic Congress‑governing body of track and field events) Trust Fund.
- Bogacizi University, International Congress on Health and Recreation Management, 1989, Antalya, Turkey, Keynote Speaker on Legal Aspects in Health and Recreation Programs.
- International Bar Association, 1989, Strasbourg, France – Tour Operator Liability.
- International Forum of Travel and Tour Advocates, 1990. Sydney and Cairns, Australia – Liability of Hotels, Resorts, and Tour Operators for Adventure Travel and Recreational Activities.
- Sports Marketing Institute, Orlando, FL, 1991, Keynote Speaker on Endorsement Contracts.
- International Bar Association, 1992, Cannes, Key Terms in Hotel Management Agreements.
- International Bar Association, 1993, New Orleans, Legal Aspects of Major International Sporting Events.
- International Bar Association, 1993, New Orleans, Gaming Law.
- International Bar Association, 1994, Melbourne, Gaming Devices on Airplanes.
- International Bar Association, 1994, Melbourne, Sports Law – Resolution of Disputes and Litigation.
- International Bar Association, 1994, Melbourne, Legal Issues of Bidding for a Major Sporting Event and the Rights Acquired With It.
- American Bar Association, Honolulu, Psychologist As a Witness.
- International Forum of Travel and Tour Advocates, 1993, Honolulu, HA., Hotel Management Contracts.
- American Bar Association Forum Committee on the Entertainment and Sports Industries, 2001 Annual Meeting Speaker, Sports Law.
- Clark County Bar Association, Bar Journal, Law of Boxing.
- Clark County Bar Association, Bar Journal, Nov. 2005, Reality of Reality TV Law
- Community College of Southern Nevada, 1998, Hotel Law
- Cornell University, Spring, 1998. Travel Law Seminar
Richard “Racehorse” Haynes of Haynes & Fullenweider – Houston, TX.
Co‑counsel with Richard “Racehorse” Haynes in State v. Hopkins and Mitchell (criminal case) and Perry v. Wilkerson, Oral Roberts, Hopkins and Mitchell (civil case).
F. Lee Bailey – Boston, MA.
Co‑counsel with Mr. Bailey in U.S. v. Cobb (criminal case in U.S. District Court in Ft. Worth, TX.)
Latham & Watkins – Los Angeles, CA.
Co‑counsel in Schlessinger and Rey v. Holmes (civil case in U.S. District Court for Central District of California)
Vinson & Elkins – Houston, TX.
Co-counsel with Judge John Kyles in Carter v. Mirage (civil case).